Pages

Touch The Temple

In April 2008 it was announced that a new temple would be built in Gilbert, Arizona. In 2010 they broke ground and for the past 2 years I have had the privilege to watch the construction. As of May 2012 this is what the site looks like.
The church has an information/visitors trailer with Senior Missionaries there to answer any questions. My husband and I stopped in this weekend to check it out. It was great to talk to the missionaries and hear some stories about the construction and design. While we were leaving they offered us a special gift. 
This is a stone from one of the huge exterior precast concrete panels. The white specks give it a shimmery look. I never imagined a rock could be so beautiful. 
It didn't seem right to just put this piece of the temple in a drawer or something like that. Then, I remembered a talk that President Monson gave and I decided that I wanted it in a place in my home that I could see often.
This is a picture of what it will look like when it's complete. I can't wait!